28 May 2012

Let This Part Of Me Remember How Lovely We Are

I have been one incredibly lucky girl this weekend. Last Wednesday I finished my last ever university exam and with a huge smile on my face and the sun beaming down gloriously, I made my way home. Not knowing what belated anniversary plans had been made for the next two days, I was one incredibly excited bean. 

So, Thursday swiftly came around and still clueless as to what the next couple of days had in store for me, Rob and I boarded a train to London Victoria. An hour and a half later and all surprises were revealed...



Rob had booked us a night at the Savoy Hotel, which is just the most beautiful hotel I have ever seen in my life. The building was gorgeous and the staff treated us like the most important people in the world. 

(I jumped on the bed before I got to take  picture of it in pristine condition, it didn't come wrinkly, honestly!)


Our room was amazing. After oohing and ahhing over its magnificence for quite some time, we decided to take advantage of the complimentary use of the gym and went swimming, being fortunate enough to have the entire 5 star pool to ourselves! Post swim, we crossed the street to a lovely little Italian restaurant where we feasted on their delicious cuisine before we pottered slightly further along the road to the theatre for phase two of the surprise: Sweeney Todd!

I cannot gush enough about how much I adore the theatre, and this show was just incredible. (I'm going to review it in a separate post). With our eyes and ears both equally satisfied, we went in search of a bar for a few drinks and finished the night off in Be At One cocktail bar. They played some great music and had a never ending selection of delicious cocktails and topped all this off with some extremely enthusiastic bar tenders getting a bit excited to one particular song, removing their shirts and dancing on the bar! 


It was such a lovely day and I am so grateful to Rob for organising it all; a truly wonderful way to unwind and celebrate after these past few weeks of dissertation and exams. Day two was just as wonderful but that's for another post...

6 comments:

  1. What a lovely surprise! I love the Savoy. They treat you like royalty and will go out of their way to help you. I don't blame you for jumping on the bed either! xx

    LittleGlitter.org

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow, what an awesome couple of days! Those cocktails look delicious. Congrats on finishing uni! xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. This sound's like the most amazing surprise ever! Well done Rob! I HAVE to stay in the Savoy at some point in my life, i'm obsessed with art deco architecture, and plus it always reminds me of Poirot, ha!
    And Sweeney Todd! I'm so jealous! Glad you had a lovely trip!
    CONGRATULATIONS on finishing your degree, you definitely deserved that little break! Good luck for your results, although i'm sure you won't need it!
    Charlie xoxo.

    ReplyDelete
  4. that is such a nice surprise! looks like you had an amazing time :) xx

    ReplyDelete
  5. Awh sounds like such a lovely surprise!

    ReplyDelete