02 August 2012

Guess Who's Back, Back Again..

I did contemplate opening this post continuing the little rap in my title, but in all honesty I am not quite ready to pop my vlog cherry just yet and let's face it, that is a level of painful embarrassment that nobody needs to be subjected to. It has been well over a month since my last post and boy oh boy have I missed writing. Life has thrown me some wonderful curve balls over the past 5 weeks or so. For one thing, I found out that I received a 2.1 for my degree and with that came the glorious day that was Graduation.
Graduation was an amazing experience, I felt so privileged to celebrate my degree in the beautiful building that is Canterbury Cathedral. It was great to be able to show my family a little of the city that I love so much and to see my mum standing up to cheer as I received my degree, just bursting with pride! We had both waited an awfully long time for this day and I owe everything to my mum for helping me get there. It was amazing to see her so happy for it really was just as much her day as it was mine.
My absence has mainly been down to working so bloomin' hard. Since the end of June I have been working for a local language school teaching English to foreign students and doing activities with them. The students were amazing to work with and it was a hell of a lot of fun, but also incredibly challenging and exhausting. (It only hit me how hard I have been working and how stressed I have been when I found a dreaded grey hair this morning, I kid you not).

So thank goodness I have 5 days in Rome to look forward to in 2 weeks time! I have been dying to go  to Italy for so long, and hearing about so many different beautiful places from the Italians amongst my students just made me even more desperate to get out there and see this beautiful city. I am counting down the days until I get to fall in love with what is arguably one of the most beautiful cities in the world. And stuff my face with lasagne 3 times a day. If anybody can recommend any hidden gems that I should check out while I'm there, please do let me know!

I am also incredibly excited that it is merely a month tomorrow until I start my journalism course! I cannot wait, I have been itching to get back to learning and to get my first foot in the door towards a career that I am certain I will love!

So until then I am going to enjoy a little time off. I am going to get my running shoes back on once I get rid of the disease that has plagued my school, read a lot, hopefully soak up a little English sunshine and blog a little more along the way.

2 comments:

  1. Congratulations on your graduation, you look lovely in these photos! hope you enjoy your trip to Rome as well (I'm very jealous) xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. congratulations!! it doesn't matter how long you have been away if you want to pick back up :D

    -Jessica
    http://www.jumpintopuddles.com

    ReplyDelete