08 January 2012

Sunday (Monday) #3

1. The first week of 2012 seems to have flown by, doesn't it? I celebrated New Year's Eve with some wonderful friends in Brighton at a couple of house parties. With everybody disappearing back to uni very soon, it was a lovely chance to get a good group of us together to welcome in 2012. We then nursed our hangovers (some of us worse than others) with the magic of a fry up. After trudging through the pouring rain to the train station, missing our train and therefore enduring a 40 minute wait for the next one, we ventured back to Eastbourne to be welcomed by more rain. It has been a long time since I have been so relieved to get into my PJs and slippers!

2. My brother turned 20 at the beginning of December but due to both him and myself being at uni, we were never really able to mark the occasion as a family, so my mum decided to round up the troops this week before we disappeared again and take us to Buffet Time! Not so good for resolutions, but who cares when they bring you cake like this (see below) for your birthday? 


With lights turned down and music turned up, Happy Birthday was sung and rapturous applause followed. Embarrassed much, little brother? 

3. On Thursday I went to The Argus in Brighton for an interview and aptitude test for a journalism course that I want to start in September. I had to do a written exam which included proof reading for spelling and grammar, summarising an article in only 70 words and then writing an article using some information given. After being given a tour and an interview, myself and the other two applicants there were told that the exams would be marked that afternoon and an email would swiftly follow. So, as you can imagine an evening full of constant phone and email checking followed to no avail. 

On Friday, I returned to The Argus for a journalism taster workshop and was once again welcomed by Paula, who informed me that I had passed both the interview and test and offered me a place on the course! I am so happy and incredibly excited to start this September, although I cannot yet quite imagine how hard it will be to have lessons from 9-5 Monday to Friday. 

I hope everyone's 2012 has got off to a wonderful start.




2 comments:

  1. Ooh congrats on getting on the course, that's brilliant! xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. mmmm looks delicious! yumm

    -Erica
    http://allaboutitt.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete